This type of Yoga is for everyone. It will help to release stored emotions in the body and give the body a good stretch and restoration.
Restorative yoga is a style of yoga that encourages physical, mental, and emotional relaxation. In these sessions we slow down completely, it is practiced at a slow pace, focusing on long holds, stillness, and deep breathing. We stay in the poses between 2 to 5 minutes and only perform a handful of poses in one session. At its core, restorative yoga is a practice of passive healing.
A key feature in restorative yoga is the use of props such as blocks, bolsters, or blankets.
Benefits of Restorative Yoga:
- It may prevents disease
- It may relax and regenerate the body
- It may calm the mind
- It may help with insomnia
- It may help you develop patience, humbleness and the ability to focus
- It may helps relieve women’s issues, such as hormonal imbalance, relief from bloating and cramps
- It may help relieve cold and flu symptoms
- It may provide headache relief
- It may reduce tension and stress in your body