Healing through the feet and hands. Reflexology is a non-invasive complementary health therapy that can be effective in promoting deep relaxation, detoxification and wellbeing; by reducing stress in people’s lives, it can be key in optimizing good health and building resilience.
It is a touch therapy that is based on the theory that different points on the feet, lower leg and hands correspond with different areas of the body and reflexologists work these points and areas to release any tension, stresses, or to unblock areas that have stagnated energies. When pressure is applied to these areas and points it stimulates the movement of energy along the nerve channels and helps to restore homeostasis (balance) in the whole body.
Benefits of Reflexology
- It may improve nerve function and sensitivity
- It may provide faster recovery from injuries and surgery
- It may increase circulation
- It may elimination of toxins
- It may offer deep relaxation
- It may reduce anxiety and depression
- It may improve sleep
- It may increase energy in the body
- It may provide greater emotional equilibrium
- It may improve liver function
- It may boost the immune system
- It may reduce symptoms of PMS
- It may reduce ankle and foot swelling